Documents necessary for the discharge of electricity and water from a commercial premises

Registering services is one of the points to take into account when acquiring and fitting out a business premises. Although it is not a matter of too much complexity, yes that at the moment of wanting to discharge the electricity and the water it is necessary to anticipate a series of procedures, payments and waiting periods. In this article we explain what are the steps to follow so that we have water and electricity in our commercial premises.

To obtain both the registration of the water service and the change of name, you must go to the company to which the municipality has granted the concession, whether private or public. To process the registration, the title deed or the rental contract, the NIF, the heading of the tax on economic activities, the bank details and the certification of ownership of the account must be presented.

Regarding the electricity supply, we must have the information about the type of installation we have, the maximum power and the one that we will have to hire according to the needs of our business. In the event that the premises already have an electrical installation, the documents to process the name change and that we will present to the distribution company will be the property deed or rental contract, the NIF, the CUPS code -the identifier code of our installation. – and bank details.

In the case of a new premises in which the light must be registered or although it has been disconnected as often happens, it will also be necessary to present the Low Voltage Installation Certificate, known as the electrical bulletin, in which It is proven that the system meets the necessary requirements for the energy supply, the characteristics, the installed power and the maximum allowed power. It is also important to know that when we register the electricity we will have to pay fees for extension, access and down payment rights, which are stipulated by the state. To this payment it will be necessary to add a guarantee deposit corresponding to 50 hours of use of the contracted power. All this will be paid on the first invoice.